With the increasing use of CryptoCurrency (BitCoin & Ethereum), as a cryptocurrency investor, you need to know about how blockchain works, the value, and the ways to protect your cryptocurrency. Following are some of the great resources you can find online for free.
- To learn Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can read the whitepaper written by their creators:
- Reddit is the biggest community in the blockchain space. Here are the more active subreddits:
- Live Coin Watch and Coin Market Cap (Provides information about price performance and market capitalization of cryptocurrencies / tokens)
- Coin Spectator (It aggregates cryptocurrency-related news from over 100 sources)
Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- MyEtherWallet – Secure and reputable site. It has many different functions, and you can generate a wallet instantly.
- Parity – This is an Ethereum browser and a wallet.
- Mist – Ethereum browser and wallet
- Metamask – Ethereum browser and wallet
- Ethereum Wallet – A secure wallet made by the Ethereum Foundation but not as user-friendly
- Ledger Wallet – This is a cold storage & You can purchase various products.
- Trezor – This is a cold storage, similar to Ledger Wallet.
- Coinbase / GDAX – This the biggest cryptocurrency exchange that takes fiat deposit, with FDIC insured, and all digital currencies are fully insured. The company is worth $1 billion as of June 2017.
- Kraken – Based in San Francisco, Kraken is the biggest exchange for transactions denominated in Euro.
- Gemini – Based in New York, founded by the Winklevoss twins, Gemini has the least recent issues among the bigger exchanges.
- Poloniex – The largest cryptocurrency exchange by transaction volume but it does not accept fiat deposits.
- QuadrigaCX – This is the biggest exchange in Canada.
- Liqui – It offers to trade in many tokens, usually very quickly after tokens are tradable after ICOs but have less volume
- Bittrex – It offers to trade in many tokens with higher volume than Liqui in Canada.
- Bitfinex – Out of all the exchanges, Bitfinex’s layout has the best UI. But it was hacked in 2016.
- Ether Delta – A decentralized exchange where you can use your own wallet to trade. However, it is not very user-friendly and slower than other exchanges.
- Shapeshift – It allows swapping different cryptocurrencies/tokens very quickly but usually with a higher fee.