With large number of online marketing strategies available, you would be confused and puzzled about which marketing is the best for your business. Google Adwords might have suggested using the display advertising but experienced the worst average CTR of 0.1%. As for the Facebook, its organic reach is in the single digit. Also, email marketing has extremely low open rate with one of the lowest engagement rate. Additionally, Google Adwords and Google search engine are constantly updating on regular basis, which puts significant influence into your website organic search traffic and several million other websites.
All of these reasons should make video marketing that much more appealing to you. But if you’re not fully convinced, here are some more things that make YouTube marketing much more powerful.
Following is the statistics from YouTube pressroom.
- YouTube receives over 1 billion unique visitors every month. Therefore, even if only 0.01% of total visitors are the converted buyers, it would be still 100,000 users per month.
- The amount of video consumed each month averages out to one hour for every person on Earth. That’s very impressive and large data.
- YouTube videos reach more adults in the 18 – 34 year old group than any cable TV network. This means that you don’t need to pay an exorbitant amount of money to put commercials on TV anymore. Your audience is more likely on YouTube.
- The number of people who subscribe to YouTube channels is three times larger than the number of people from the previous year. This indicates YouTube video influencers or video-bloggers are growing their audience at a higher rate than most other mediums.
- If you have a mobile product or service, you’ll be able to reach the people who contribute to 40% of the overall watch time on mobile devices. YouTube is one of the highest watched mobile website since 2013.
As shown from YouTube Pressroom statistic, those are some pretty impressive numbers. Therefore it is important to engage with the YouTube influencers and develop a video marketing strategy for your business.
VIDEO MARKETING STATISTICS
Now, let’s review some of the popular video marketing statics from top news media:
- 59% of executives prefer watching video to reading text. (Forbes) This means that B2B brands can enjoy the benefits of video marketing as much as B2C brands.
- Video makes it easier to put your business on the first page of search results. (Forrester) This is no surprise considering Google owns YouTube.
- Shoppers who view video about a product or service are 174% more likely to buy a product. (Retail Touchpoints) This makes video a powerful conversion tool.
- Videos are shared 1,200% more times than links and text combined. (Orion21) This means more word of mouth marketing benefits from your video campaigns.
- Visitors spend 100% more time on pages with videos. (MarketingSherpa) This means video makes it more likely that your message will get across to your intended audience.
- 51.9% of marketers list video as the content marketing tactic that generates the most ROI. (eMarketer) This trumps white papers, photos, interactive media, sales copy, infographics, buyer’s guides, and illustrations.
- 52% of consumers feel more confident about a product or service after viewing a video on it. (Internet Retailer) This means that an influencer video marketing campaign can boost confidence in your business.
There are lots of other great statistics about video marketing out there too, and each year, the stats keep getting better.
TRENDS AND TECHNOLOGY
If you don’t believe statistics, then you can check out the latest trends on video technology:
- Specific platforms have risen that are dedicated to video including Vine, Snapchat, and Riff
- Popular photo networks like Instagram and Flickr now include the option to share video as well.
- Facebook has introduced video ad formats and has allowed posts with video to have a higher reach than text, photo, and video posts.
- LinkedIn allows you to add media elements (including video) to your professional profile and company page.
- Twitter highlights tweets containing photos and videos in the sidebar of your profile.
- Amazon allows people to record video reviews.
- Popular online stores now incorporate video into their product details.
With video apps being ubiquitous (Instagram, Riff, Vine), you have to really consider that video marketing is one of the best engagement marketing strategies. Several consumer brands have used video marketing strategies, and even small business can effectively leverage them to start building more traffic to their websites on regular basis.