Blogging has become the preferred method for users and businesses to get their message across.
So What is blogging and how can I get started in building/writing a blog?
Blog is a site, where you are able to read the latest content based on the topic you are searching. For example, if you come to www.startupsgrid.com, you will see the latest posts and as you continue further down the page, you will see different categories of contents. Also for those of you that aren’t trained in HTML code, you are still able to do everything on your own (thus able to avoid hiring programmers to do your work).
To get you started, here are few blogging platforms for you to consider.
1. Blogger: For the beginners, Blogger should be one of your first considerations. This is a self-hosted blogging platform that allows you to quickly setup a free account and get blogging. Simple! Only thing is there is no customization and no search engine optimization (SEO) for you.
2. WordPress: Another great site (I use it myself) for beginners and pros. This is also a self-hosted blog, so no customization and no SEO. You can look at hosting it on a server, which would allow you to customize and create content useful for search engine optimization. Several top websites, including TechCrunch and HuffingtonPost, were created using WordPress.com.
3. LiveJournal: LiveJournal is very similar to Blogger and WordPress as it is self-hosted, so no need to install anything to use the site.
4. Joomla!: Joomla! is a free content management system (CMS) that allows you to download and create your own blog. You are going to have to have some prior knowledge to use this, or think about using their FAQ and guides.
5. Blog: Blog.com is actually a well laid out site. Very simple, easy to use, and great for the beginners.
6. SquareSpace: Developed for both eCommerce, business and personal websites developers, SquareSpace is one of the most comprehensive and easy-to-use platforms in building websites. You can purchase the premium or the professional for about $99 to have full editing rights to HTML.
If you liked this post, you can learn more about other contents, including:
Why invest in building a Blog?
How to Write a Remarkable Blog
2015 Digital Media Trends
Understanding CPA, CPM, and CPC Bidding